Dietetic Internship Program
James J. Peters Bronx VA Medical Center
ESTIMATED BUDGET 2019 - 2020
JJPVA STIPEND $ 20,026 ($10/hour) (Before tax withholdings, paid bi-weekly, August to August)
There is no tuition for the JJPVA Dietetic Internship. The stipend received is generally used to cover some of the cost of living expenses.
Fee to use DICAS
NYU Graduate School Application Fee Waived
D & D Computer Matching Fee $50
NYU Tuition: (34 Credit Masters Program)
Interns are responsible for their tuition at NYU
$1,596 per credit = $54,264; Additional registration fees: $479 for 1st credit and $67 for each additional credit
Financial Aid: Tuition assistance from NYU may be available. Students may apply for loans; full-time equivalency status is maintained for the twelve months of the internship. Students are eligible to apply for scholarships once full-time (last Fall semester).
Housing is available on the grounds of JJPVA on a first-come,first-serve basis. Cost is approximately $480 per month. Washer, dryer and all utilities included.
Visit http://www.nyu.edu/housing/payments/rates.html* for current rates.
- Free parking available at JJPVA, NYC public bus or subway transportation. **Interns relying on public transportation during the internship may qualify for a free unlimited monthly Metrocard from the VA during the internship.
- Government car is available to travel to pediatric rotation from VA housing. Valid driver's license required to secure car.
- AND Associate Membership $58
- Student Membership, Greater NY Dietetic Association $30
- Attendance Fee for required non-VA conference or seminar (example: Annual GNYDA Mary Swartz Rose Memorial Lecture $30 for GNYDA members)
- Books & Supplies (approx) $150-$250 per semester NYU
- Uniforms $200
- Internship reference/supplies (approx) $250