Dietetic Internship Program
James J. Peters Bronx VA Medical Center
ESTIMATED BUDGET 2016-2017
JJPVA STIPEND $ 20,026 ($10/hour) (Before tax withholdings, paid bi-weekly, August to August)
Fee to use DICAS
NYU Graduate School Application Fee Waived
D & D Computer Matching Fee $50
NYU Tuition: (34 Credit Masters Program)
$1,596 per credit = $54,264; Additional registration fees: $479 for 1st credit and $67 for each additional credit
Financial Aid: Tuition assistance from NYU may be available. Students may apply for loans; full-time equivalency status is maintained for the twelve months of the internship. Students are eligible to apply for scholarships once full-time (last Fall semester).
Housing is available on the grounds of JJPVA on a first-come,first-serve basis. Cost is approximately $480 per month. Washer, dryer and all utilities included.
Visit http://www.nyu.edu/housing/payments/rates.html* for current rates.
- Free parking available at JJPVA, NYC public bus or subway transportation. **Interns relying on public transportation during the internship may qualify for a free unlimited monthly Metrocard from the VA during the internship.
- Government car is available to travel to pediatric rotation from VA housing. Valid driver's license required to secure car.
- AND Associate Membership $58
- Student Membership, Greater NY Dietetic Association $30
- Attendance Fee for Annual GNYDA Mary Swartz Rose Memorial Lecture $30
- Books & Supplies (approx) $150-$250 per semester NYU
- Uniforms $200
- Internship reference/supplies (approx) $250