Dietetic Internship Program
Memphis VA Medical Center
Memphis VAMC Stipend for each intern is $1100.00 per month. We are accredited for 8 interns.
Estimated Program Expenses:
- Application Fee for Internship - NONE
- D&D Digital Computer Matching Fee - $55
- DICAS - $45
- Housing - $900-$1200/month
- Parking - $60-$125/month
- Transportation to/from home/VA - Varies
- Liability Insurance - $24/year
- Health Insurance - Varies
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Student Membership - $50/year
- Student Membership Memphis Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - $5/year
- Books and Supplies - $200-$500/year
- Professional Meetings (TAND and Hill Day) Annual Meeting - $200/year
- RD Exam Review Course - $350
- RD Exam Application Fee - $200
- Drug Screening - $30 (if required by affiliation site)
Liability insurance can be purchased through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a student member. Interns are required to have liability insurance to complete rotations at partnering facilities in the Memphis area.
Dietetic interns at the Memphis VA Medical Center are not eligible for health insurance benefits at the VA. Interns are eligible to use employee health for work related health problems or injuries.
Parking and Transportation:
Interns are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from all rotations. Parking is not provided on the VAMC campus. Interns can purchase parking passes from surrounding garages and lots. Rates vary from $60 per month and upwards. Please feel free to contact the internship director for advice on which garage to choose. Public transportation is not recommended, personal transportation is strongly encouraged.
Please see the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics webpage eatright.org for a list of scholarships provided by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. In addition to the Academy scholarships, the Tennessee Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (TAND) and Memphis Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (MAND) also offer scholarships for dietetic interns. Please see their websites listed below and feel free to contact the dietetic internship director with questions about the most recent requirements and deadlines for these scholarships.