Dietetic Internship Program
VA St. Louis Health Care System
- Personal expenses
- Transportation and parking for field experiences
- Student professional liability insurance for non-VA work, if applicable
- Textbooks/reference manuals
- Registration fees and expenses for professional meetings*
- Student membership dues for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and local dietetic professional organization (You must be an Academy student member)
- Incidental supplies for assigments and projects
- White shirt/blouse/sweater and slacks/pants/shoes for Administrative rotation
*Opportunities to attend professional meetings will vary each year, as will the costs.
Information about apartments located near the VA Medical Center and Jefferson Barracks campus can be obtained by checking various apartment locator websites online. Information about relocating to St. Louis, including best areas to reside and shopping, is provided to matched interns. Becoming a roommate with another intern may be desirable and cost-effective.
Due to travel distance between facilities, interns are required to have a personal reliable form of transportation and a valid drivers license. St. Louis public transportation to rotation sites is sparse and therefore, not encouraged. Parking at the medical center and most affiliate sites is free.
An annual stipend of approximately $12,400 (before taxes and deductions) is paid bi-weekly via direct deposit from August to June. No additional financial aid is available from the VA St. Louis Health Care System. Interns may be eligible for student loan deferments as allowed by their loan provider.
The internship program for 2019-2020 will begin on August 14, 2019. There will be NO COMPENSATION PAID from August 14-16, 2019. The stipend will begin on August 19, 2019 and cease when the program ends on June 5, 2020, which is also graduation day.