Dietetic Internship Program
Life in Houston
Is Houston a Good Place for Me?
- If you enjoy the outdoors year-round and don't like to shovel snow - There are hundreds of parks and several other recreational areas to visit.
- If large communities of many different cultures appeal to you.
- If you enjoy great food--of every type--at affordable prices - more than 11,000 restaurants provide something for everyone.
- If you like to visit the beach - Galveston beach is only a short drive away.
- If you like to shop at national chain stores and unique boutiques.
- If you like to be entertained - Visit the award winning theatre, ballet, opera, and symphony. There are 16 museums as well.
- If you like sports - Houston is home to several professional or collegiate sports teams.
...then Houston is a good place for you.
Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. and offers a wide variety of attractions for both visitors and residents. Check out the following links to learn why so many people love calling Houston home!
Metro Light Rail provides convenient transportation to affiliated sites and stops in front of several nice apartment complexes.
Note: The links above will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
Images obtained from www.VisitHoustonTexas.com with permission from Elisa Garcia.