The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org in early December for the Spring Match; e-mail DICASinfo@Dicas.org. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time by the mid-February deadline set by ACEND. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
As part of the DICAS application process you will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to DICAS Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown MA 02472.
When completing the DICAS application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line.
Applicants must register on-line for computer matching by 11:59 p.m. Central Time by the mid-February deadline set by ACEND. The Louis Stokes Cleveland Dept. of Veterans Affairs Dietetic Internship is program code No. 366. There is a $50 computer matching fee.
Applicants are screened for eligibility for admission to CWRU's School of Graduate Studies. Candidates are then evaluated in terms of academic achievement (3.0 GPA), letter of application, and references. GRE scores are not required. Work experience in an area related to dietetics is considered beneficial to the student's overall preparation for the dietetic internship but is not mandatory. There is no application fee for the dietetic internship program. The CWRU Graduate School application fee is paid after the student accepts a match to the dietetic internship program.
To learn more about your responsibilities as an applicant to a dietetic internship program that uses DICAS and participates in computer matching go to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website: http://www.eatright.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=186;
For details about computer matching contact D&D Digital 304 Main St. Ames IA 50010-6148, Phone 515-292-0490 or visit their website: http://www.dnddigital.com/ada*
Effective Nov. 1, 2009, applicants must register on-line for computer matching with D&D Digital. Paper applications for computer matching mailed to D&D will not be accepted.
The Louis Stokes CVAMC's Dietetic Internship is Program Code Number 366 on the prioritized list of dietetic internship programs that you will submit to D&D Digital Systems.
All applications will be retained by the Louis Stokes CVAMC Dietetic Internship Program for one year and then destroyed. No application materials will be returned to applicants.
Case Western Reserve University admits students of any race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights and privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the University. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administering its educational policies, admission policies, employment, promotion and compensation policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other University-administered programs.
* Links above will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
Louis Stokes Cleveland Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Dietetic Internship Program
(Program. No. 366 with D&D Digital Systems)
- Go to the Applicant Portal of DICAS and provide all information requested Submit application to this program when information is complete (may submit if a reference is late).
- Supplemental Application for the Louis Stokes Cleveland Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program:
- Provide a list of courses that are required for the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) that you completed; indicate if any courses were substituted for required courses. You may obtain the list from the DPD Director.
- You must send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to DICAS –Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown MA 02472
- You must register on-line for computer matching by 11:59 p.m. Central Time by the mid-February deadline set by ACEND. The Louis Stokes Cleveland Dept. of Veterans Affairs Dietetic Internship is program code No. 366. There is a $50 computer matching fee.